Friday, January 17, 2014

Dana S.Whitney


©2013 painting by Dana


Dana S. Whitney has worn many hats prior to concentrating on her artistic endeavors. Californian by birth, and a recent transplant to Southern New Hampshire, she responds to colors, shapes and design. She is primarily self taught with invaluable help from books, lectures and mentoring from fellow artists. She works most often in oils and pastels, but seldom passes up the opportunity to try something new. Encaustics, fiber and watercolor are on the horizon.

“I’ve always been fascinated by arts, crafts, artists and craftspeople. My path took me the long way around; I was a student, a librarian, a parent, and then a psychotherapist – always an observer. Finally the urge for self expression burst forth and I began drawing, painting, and creating. Best and biggest leap of faith ever.”




No comments:

Post a Comment